Revs Cardiff takes and uses your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice. Our privacy notice will provide information on your rights and obligations in the compliance of the General Data Protection Regulation or the GDPR for short.
Data that we take from you
We take information from our customer via telephone calls, email, text messages and contact forms on the website. We can also take details from parents booking driving lessons who have permission to give details to us to build a contract with us. Also, we may take payments information from bank transfers and from the website via our PayPal payments portal.
How we use your personal information
The driving school uses your information to provide our driving lesson services to you. We could use your data to contact you via phone, email, and text messages to allow you to be aware of our terms and conditions or booking confirmations to fulfill the contract with you the customer.
We might use a dash cam recording device to enhance the training during and after lessons. All footage recorded may be used as evidence in insurance claims or to assist in any police inquiries.
After passing a driving test, we operate a procedure to take a photograph to place on the website and social media outlets. This is done purely for our marketing reasons. Facebook and Google My Business are some that we use for this purpose. It is your right to refuse any consent for us to take a photo to use as part of our marketing.
Evolve Driving School will protect your privacy at all times. Any information will never be disclosed to others without prior consent unless we are required to do so by law.
We will use any data gathered to enable us to operate the website to allow us to deliver relevant content to you. This is used to make sure the website is secure and maintain it through our administration process and other online services provided. Our lawful ground for this process is to enable us to deliver a website for our business.
Technical information on how you use our website will include IP address, browser info, time spent on the website, pages visited, how many times you visited, device used to connect and the time of the day the visit occurred. We use analytics tracking via Google Analytics. This is used to deliver the correct services to customers and to understand what our potential customers need from the website. It is our lawful ground to process this information to deliver our business and grow. We also use data for marketing the website properly.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
An anonymised string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We never disclose or share information about you with anybody without your consent. We do use third parties in order for us to provide our services. These third parties process your data on our behalf.
All of the third parties that we use on our behalf are all GDPR regulated in accordance with this privacy statement.
The GDPR gives you the right of access to any personal information that our driving school has about you.
If you have left comments or know we hold personal information about, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any requests we receive will be treated securely, but we will need to ask for proof of identity in order to protect your information.
You can request from us information about :
The personal data we have
Personal data categories
How we process the data
Any details that your data will be shared with
How long we hold onto information
If we do not collect data directly from you, we will provide the source of third party data controllers holding data about you.
We retain personal details for as long as we need to run our business smoothly and professionally.
How long we retain your information
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you have left comments or know we hold personal information about, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
1. You must be of legal age to drive the vehicle and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If a photo card licence is held, then both card and counterpart must be produced. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
For any Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid driving licence must be produced along with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. It is your responsibility to notify your driving instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, or for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you need to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 24 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 24 hours notice will result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor.
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
Your Revs Cardiff instructor will not text or call to say He/she is outside if they meet the agreed times
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons should be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash or online payment.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
Driving Lesson Payments.
10. Driving lessons can be paid by cash, card or online using our online payment page.
Block bookings are to be used within 2 months of payment.
11. When using our online payment system lessons must be paid prior to commencing the lesson.
Any questions you can contact us on our contact us page.